Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Weary

Weary, Oh, weary to the bone,
Every muscle, every joint,
Every part of me,
Is just weary to the bone!

Oh, how can people so little,
Take so much from me?
Oh, how can people so very young,
Make me feel so very old?

They're still running, jumping and singing!
They're still ready to pick up and go!
They just simply do not understand,
That I'm weary to the bone.

I've accused them of being from other planets,
Strange life forms from far away,
They've come here on a secret mission,
To steal our strength away.

And thus subdue this planet,
Without a whimper or a fight.
Just steal our strength and energy,
And make us weary to the bone.

By the end of day, it has been said,
They can do what ever they want.
Just as long as they do it quietly,
No quarrels! No fusses! No fights!

They've got my strength,
They got my energy,
I know, because I'm weary to the bone!

No comments: